Click here to return to Newsletter Index
Click here to return to Lisnavagh Timber Main Page
The Lisnavagh Timber Project
Newsletter - October 2001 - Issue No.2
Welcome to the LTP Newsletter!
This is a monthly Newsletter updating you on the latest developments of The Lisnavagh Timber Project (LTP)
Web Site: www.lisnavagh.com/timber
In this edition:
- Project objectives
- The Dry Room
- Timber in stock
- Forward this Newsletter on!
- Web Site success
The Objectives of this ProjectThe Project aims to take hardwood timber from the self-sustaining woodlands at Lisnavagh and convert it (as a fully traceable product) for supply to Ireland's furniture industry.
- We have designed a 1,500 sq ft Dry Room (for storing kiln dried timber and maintaining low moisture content)
- Building renovations and construction of the Dry Room have now started. A new floor will be going in this week.
- The storage capacity will be significant, and the building will also act as a useful sales point.
- It is hoped that this facility will be up and running in the next few weeks.
- To see information on this building, please visit www.lisnavagh.com/timber/dryroom/
Timber in Stock
- There is currently 1,200 cu ft in stock (= approx 40 cu m).
- Spalted Beech,
- Douglas Fir,
- Wych Elm,
- Turkey Oak,
- Scots Pine,
- Silver Fir,
- This is all air-drying at present.
- The Project specialises in hardwood timber, but the inclusion of some softwood timber could prove beneficial (in order to widen our focus) and so some effort has been made in this respect.
- On the way is another 500 cu ft of hardwood timber, which is due to be sawn & kiln dried in the very near future. This includes hardwoods mentioned in the above list, and also a fair bit of Ash.
Forward this Newsletter on!
- If you know of someone who might be interested in receiving this Newsletter, please forward it on to them.
- Anyone can subscribe to the Newsletter by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Subscribe to Timber Newsletter" in the Subject heading, or simply click here. (To unsubscribe is equally simple - see below.)
- Our web site, our internet exposure, this newsletter, our e-mails and so on are not likely to be the whole reason for any success of this project, but they are important, and they are likely to become more and more important as time moves on as the flexibility and capability of such communications and media increases.
- We have achieved a high rating on several search engines now, and the hits are coming in.
- For example, the Google search engine ranks The Lisnavagh Timber Project as the Number One site in the World for web surfers searching for "Hardwood timber in Ireland". (Google is the most commonly used search engine on the internet).
- Thank you for reading this Newsletter, which is hopefully of interest.
- (If you consider this is junk mail (huh!?), then simply unsubscribe - see below.)
- If you have any comments, please hit "Reply" and let us have them!
Many thanks and best wishes,
William McClintock Bunbury
The Lisnavagh Timber Project
Ireland - the perfect place...
to make trees, to make timber, to make furniture.
It makes sense.
Would you like to be kept up to date on developments, news and supplies my a monthly e-mailed newsletter?
To Subscribe (**FREE OF CHARGE**), click here.
To Unsubscribe, click here.
Click here to go back to main page
Click here for Lisnavagh.Com Main Page!