Lisnavagh Timber Project Forum
12 December, 2017, 12:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Do you prefer homegrown Irish timber or imported timber?   Click here to vote!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Furniture making training/apprenticeship  (Read 10905 times)
pooka
Regular Poster

View Profile
« on: 08 November, 2004, 14:07 »

Hi all,
I am interested in training, or an apprenticeship, in furniture making, preferably in the Dublin area. I am in my mid-30's and I am considering leaving my existing career in favour of woodworking. I have no formal training, but have been making bits of furniture at home for a few years. I can be contacted at: madra70 AT yahoo DOT ie (my e-mail address is mangled in order to prevent it being extracted by web-search utilities - just replace the "AT" with "@" and the "DOT" with ".").

Thanks.
Niall Jones(Guest)
« Reply #1 on: 13 February, 2006, 15:13 »

Hi All

I have been making furniture for a few years now as a hobby but have no formal education in it. I am 29 years old. I would love the opportunity to do this for a living. I consider myself quiet good at what I do considering I have learned everything myself. Anyone I have made furniture for has been more than happy with what they got. I am looking to quit what I do now and take up furniture making full time. I am looking for someone to take a chance on me and teach what I need to know. I am an extremly fast learner and work extremly hard. Working with wood these last few years has made me extremly happy, and I want to make a career out of it. So if anyone is will to offer me a chance please contact me on niall_jones@boltblue.com.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: