Lisnavagh Timber Project Forum
18 December, 2017, 12:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Do you prefer homegrown Irish timber or imported timber?   Click here to vote!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hallo william  (Read 7649 times)
celt

View Profile
« on: 30 January, 2007, 02:11 »

hi william
          carl here from cork city dont know if you remember me but i bought some timber from you a few months ago , i have started to carve it have about 20 pieces started but none finished particulary like the yew effect hard to carve but finish is beautifull just thought id post you a link to view the starting progress of a few pieces its at http://community.webshots.com/user/celticsoldier14 also the limewood turns out lovely im actually making mirrors clocks lights lamps picture frames but carved in celtic also i must try different types from you also any hints to which type of wood comes out nicely finished?
                                                                    carl
celt

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 07 February, 2007, 00:31 »

i love this yew timber just another piece to show its nearly finished but love the grain that runs through the yew http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2690638360100377118OawFJK
                                                                            carl
Woodmaster
Administrator
Madly Busy Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 09 February, 2007, 14:21 »

Hi Carl
Thanks for your posts.   Those pieces of work look wonderful - well done!  I think you also got some sycamore form us too - have you tried working with that yet?
Best wishes
William

William Bunbury (LTP)
celt

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 February, 2007, 00:16 »

hi william
           havent tried the sycamore yet searching for a special design for that will mix the yew and sycamore together , to me the sycamore is like a chocalate flake on a 99 ice cream cone saving the best for last thank you for the complimaint will be in touch for more timber soon
                                                                 carl
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: