Lisnavagh Timber Project Forum
16 December, 2017, 01:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: At The Lisnavagh Timber Project's web site you can see our stock lists and learn about what we do.  See the links below.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for safety gear, respirator, air filtration  (Read 4503 times)
loz

View Profile
« on: 24 September, 2008, 14:07 »

Guys,

After only finding very expensive gear, does any know the Cheapest place,to get either AirPro or Power Cap powered respirators, and something similar to microclenes air filtration ( for small workshop the MC100 seems about right size. ) .

I know this gear is very important, and i am doing more and more turning, and going thru buckets of paper masks.

Im also looking for something like the Record Power Dust collection ( for dust and chip ) , the bucket/hose types, but somewhere cheaper than mcquillans !!

Thanks

Loz
pooka
Regular Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 19 February, 2009, 13:02 »

Some possible sources for respirators and air filters:

www.axminster.co.uk
www.rutlands.co.uk
www.dmtools.co.uk

It is worth checking some other sites (both in Europe and the US) to compare prices before buying, and there are certainly other sites in the UK that may supply them too. For the air filter, look at the Jet products - I have an AFS500,  which I have found to be good.

For Record Power products, their website gives prices and resellers:

www.recordpower.co.uk

I have the DX4000, which certainly works but it is very noisy. I would recommend having a look at the cyclone option for dust collection before deciding on any particular product though - there is a lot of information on cyclones available online if you search via Google or the like.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: