Lisnavagh Timber Project Forum
18 December, 2017, 10:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit The Lisnavagh Timber Project today Wink

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting started  (Read 9141 times)
john_L
« on: 12 April, 2005, 13:53 »

I am interseted in getting started as a hobby, working with wood making clocks ,mirror's, pen holders ect and would welcome some advice on the basics needed to get started eg. best types of wood and tools required Huh

ps what a fab web site have it listed under favourites all
on its own Smiley )
Woodmaster
Administrator
Madly Busy Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 12 April, 2005, 20:26 »

John

You are more than welcome to come here and have a look at the different woods that we have in stock (you don't have to buy anything!).  I can also show you around the workshop and discuss some of the tools, what they do, and so on.   Please ring me beforehand (059 9161784) to arrange a suitable date & time.

If anyone else reading this feels that it would be useful if we ran a course on woods, woodworking, tools & equipment, etc., please could you leave a mesage on this forum.   If there is enough interest, we will gladly run a course.

Thanks.

William Bunbury

William Bunbury (LTP)
john L
« Reply #2 on: 15 April, 2005, 08:55 »

Thanks William I would be delighted to take you
 up on your offer and will ring you as soon as possible
to arrange a suitable time.thanks again Smiley
pedrotti

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 September, 2005, 13:41 »

hello there,

i am looking for information in the form of a list of native hardwoods from ireland and the basic colour of the timber. any help would be greatly appreciated.

pete  
Niall

I Love Wood!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 June, 2006, 11:59 »

Hi

I would be really intrested in doing a course in any way shape or form related to Carpentry but it is extremly difficult as I have a 9 - 5 job and courses are few and far between. I would even be intrest in getting work experience from a furniture maker if someone was only kind enough to show me a few things.

By the way love the site and have to come vist some day and pick up some material.
geoff_tulip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 04 July, 2006, 16:18 »

if you are interested in woodturning lessons you are welocome to drop me an email - you can contcat me through my website

www.geocities.com/tulipwoodcrafts
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: