Lisnavagh Timber Project Forum
12 December, 2017, 20:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Do you prefer homegrown Irish timber or imported timber?   Click here to vote!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lisnavagh to feature in "The Mentor", RTE1  (Read 6930 times)
Woodmaster
Administrator
Madly Busy Poster

View Profile WWW
« on: 20 October, 2005, 13:25 »

On Thursday 27th October 2005 (next Thursday), Lisnavagh Estate features on "The Mentor" TV series - the last episode of the current series.

Jay Bourke & Jeanne Bolger have quizzed us, grilled us and looked into all the goings on here at Lisnavagh, including the Lisnavagh Timber Project, and come up with some useful suggestions for the challenges that we face here.

So, if you want to learn a bit more about Lisnavagh and ourselves, take a look at "The Mentor" on RTE1 at 10.15pm next Thursday, 27th October 2005.

Use this forum to let have your thoughts on the programme!
« Last Edit: 17 January, 2007, 17:15 by Woodmaster » Logged

William Bunbury (LTP)
Pat(Guest)
« Reply #1 on: 27 October, 2005, 13:24 »

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Garry(Guest)
« Reply #2 on: 31 October, 2005, 14:49 »

I watched the Mentor for a few weeks and found it interesting, better than the usual rubbish on TV nowdays.
I was interested in the Lisnavagh programme as i have started courses in Furniture Making and also a course
in Musical Instrument Making. I know very little about wood but have been looking for a lot of wood in the past
few weeks, mostly abroad on the internet as it seems really difficult to get anything suitable in Ireland, plus
it doesn't help when I don't know exactly what i am looking for. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I was also very interested in the idea of a music festival in Lisnavagh as i am a huge music fan and been to a lot
of concerts and festivals. It was good to see the Electic Picnic as i was there and it seemed completely free of trouble
as there was none of the usual louts at it. Hopefully there will be a Lisnavagh 2006 or 2007.
It might be worth having a talk to the people who organised the festival in Lissard down in Skibareen, similar to
Lisnavagh where the owners were a bit sensitive to the way their home would be treated for the weekend.
Hopefully there will be a Lisnavagh 2006 or 2007.
Garry
Shocked
Woodmaster
Administrator
Madly Busy Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 09 August, 2006, 01:14 »

A slightly late reply... my apologies Garry!

Oddly enough my mother used to own Lissard at one point briefly in the 70's!   It was sold for... well I do not want to admit how much... but it might make you cry these days!

The event planned for here in the Mentor (as is now reasonably well known) ended up being the Midlands Festival which was held up at Ballinlough in Meath.   We believe it was for good reasons in terms of fan-base.  We know the folks up at Ballinlough and wish them all the very best (genuinely!) with this new venture up there.  In the meantime we are keeping our eyes open and watch this space!

In the meantime, Tyrone Productions are back to do a follow up filming session this week for "The Mentor Revisited".   So, again, watch this space... and also Discovery are taking it on as well.

William Bunbury

William Bunbury (LTP)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: